CEPI News and Events
What's Happening in the World of Equity Compensation?
The CEPI wanted to make sure you knew about all the exciting events this month in the world of equity compensation. There are many great opportunities to learn more in this constantly changing industry and to earn Continuing Education hours. To view a pdf of this page, click here.
Website Redesign - Time for a New Look
The CEPI is undergoing a website redesign and we will be welcoming your feedback to help us make our website as user friendly as possible.Keep your eyes open for an email within the next couple of weeks with a link to our website redesign survey.It will be a quick and painless process to answer a few questions to help us help you navigate our website more easily to find exactly what you need quicker and more efficiently.
Marilyn J. Perkins Claassen Memorial Scholarship
The CEPI is moving to an online application process for the submission of scholarship applications.The online application should be up and running just in time for the August 15th submission deadline. If you are considering submitting a scholarship application this year, you may begin gathering the necessary documents in preparation for submission mid August.
CEP Exam Information
We are moving along in the process of scoring the June 7th exams, which involves many steps.We are on track however, to release the exam results within the six to eight week timeframe that we aim for following each exam cycle.
2014 and 2015 CEP Exam Dates:
Exam Date Registration Deadline
November 8, 2014 September 26, 2014
June 6, 2015 April 24, 2015
November 7, 2015 September 25, 2015
To learn more about the CEP Program, please contact the CEPI at 408-554-2187.
Don't Forget to Include the CEP
If you have earned the CEP designation, don't be afraid to show it! Do you have CEP after your name on your business card? If not, add it! Don't forget to add the CEP designation in your email signature as well. Don't hide that title that you worked so hard to earn!Include it proudly everywhere you have your name is displayed such as on name badges at conferences, in your bio, and on your resume.
Stay current by participating in some of these activities which have been pre-approved for CE for CEPs.
Continuing education is an integral part of certification programs. Every CEP designee is required to complete 30 hours of continuing education every two years after receiving their designation. If you received your CEP designation in 2012, your first continuing ed application is due by 12/31/2014. Don't wait until the last minute. If you are unsure of your next due date, please check the MyCEP System or contact the Institute.
- July 17- GEO Webcast, 8:00 AM Pacific, EY Stock Based Incentive Survey 2014: The Results, http://www.globalequity.org/geo/node/5068
- July 22 - EASi Thought Leadership Webinar, 10:00 AM Pacific, Communications Best Practices Panel, http://go.easiadmin.com/Communicationsbestpractices
- July 23 – NCEO Live Webinar, 10:30 AM Pacific, Best Practices in Stock Plan Software Conversion and Implementation, http://www.nceo.org/main/meeting.php/id/597
- July 31 – SOS Educational Webcast, 11:00 AM Pacific, Don't Be Caught Wearing Last Year's Communications! Communications That Work for a Multigenerational Workforce, http://marketing.sos-team.com/l/14822/2014-06-10/r448p
Silicon Valley Events:
Other Area Events:
- July 17 - NASPP Twin Cities Breakfast Meeting, This Year's Proxy Reports, http://www.naspp.com/Chapters/Events.aspx?ChapterId=14&PriorEvents=False#3731, Minneapolis, MN.
- July 22 - NASPP Austin Chapter Meeting, Top 15 Compensation Concerns of Executives, http://www.naspp.com/Chapters/Events.aspx?ChapterId=16&PriorEvents=False#3736 Austin TX.
- July 22 -NASPP Chicago Chapter Meeting, Findings From The Wall Street Journal / Hay Group 2013 CEO Pay Study, http://www.naspp.com/Chapters/Events.aspx?ChapterId=10&PriorEvents=False#3739, Chicago, IL.
- July 24 - NASPP Not Quite Half-Day Summer Meeting, "What an IPO Means for Equity Compensation", "Wikis and Tweets and Blogs. Oh My!", "Fine Tuning Your Stock Admin Engine", http://www.naspp.com/Chapters/Events.aspx?ChapterId=25&PriorEvents=False#3738, San Francisco, CA.
- July 24 -NASPP Ohio Chapter Meeting, The Treatment of Equity Awards Upon Termination, http://www.naspp.com/Chapters/Events.aspx?ChapterId=13&PriorEvents=False#3741, Columbus, OH.
Planning ahead? Mark your calendar with these important dates:
- Aug 12- NASPP Performance Awards Essentials Webcast 1, 12:00 PM Pacific, Recent Trends, Plan Design and Awards, http://www.nasppuniversity.com/programDetails.aspx?courseID=26
- Aug 12 – New York GEO Chapter Meeting, Topic TBD, http://www.globalequity.org/geo/node/3114, New York, NY.
- Aug 12 – Philadelphia NASPP Chapter Meeting, What’s Happening with Today’s Equity Compensation, http://www.naspp.com/Chapters/Events.aspx?ChapterId=7&PriorEvents=False#3734, Philadelphia, PA.
- Aug 14- NASPP Performance Awards Essentials Webcast 2, 12:00 PM Pacific, Accounting, Disclosure and Administration, http://www.nasppuniversity.com/programDetails.aspx?courseID=26
- Aug 15 – Atlanta NASPP Chapter Event, Topic TBD, http://www.naspp.com/Chapters/Events.aspx?ChapterId=15&PriorEvents=False#3666, Atlanta, GA
- Aug 20 – NCEO Live Webinar, 10:30 AM Pacific, ESPPS- Tricks, Tips, and Best Practices, http://www.nceo.org/main/meeting.php/id/598
- Aug 26 – Denver NASPP Chapter Luncheon, Financial Reporting Best Practices, http://www.naspp.com/Chapters/Events.aspx?ChapterId=11&PriorEvents=False#3711, Denver, CO.
- Aug 28 – Houston NASPP Chapter Luncheon, “How to Increase the Life Expectancy of the Equity Plan’s Share Reserve and Other Hot Topics”, http://www.naspp.com/Chapters/Events.aspx?ChapterId=63&PriorEvents=False#3733, Houston, TX.
- Sep 9 – 2014 GEO National Equity Compensation Forum (East), http://www.globalequity.org/geo/node/5055, New York, NY
- Sep 11 – 2014 GEO National Equity Compensation Forum (West), http://www.globalequity.org/geo/node/5055, San Diego, CA
- Sep 17 – NCEO Live Webinar, 10:30 AM Pacific, Year End Tax Reporting: Focus on Plan Participants, http://www.nceo.org/main/meeting.php/id/599
- September 29-October 2 – NASPP Conference, http://www.naspp.com/conference2014/save_the_date.htm, Las Vegas, NV
The following organizations have recorded webcasts or online webinars that may be viewed for continuing education. Please visit their websites for current offerings and cost. Some activities may be for members only.
- NASPP - http://www.naspp.com/home/
- Examples of webinars that qualify as continuing education: Stock Plan Fundamentals, Annual Conference - Session Presentations, Alan Dye on the Latest Section 16 Developments.
- NCEO - http://www.nceo.org/. Please note that ESOP focused activities will not count toward CE for CEPs .
- Example of webinars that qualify as continuing education: Navigating the 409A Deferred Compensation Plan Rules.