Partner, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP , Palo Alto Office
Stephen W. Fackler is a partner, resident in the Palo Alto office, and a member of the firm's Executive Compensation and Employee Benefits Practice Groups. Mr. Fackler has extensive experience nationwide advising public and private companies, private equity funds and boards of directors on compensation and benefits matters. He also regularly advises senior executives on their employment and severance arrangements and directors in connection with compensation and indemnification arrangements.
His practice focuses on:
- Designing and negotiating executive and director compensation arrangements
- Designing and implementing stock and other incentive plans
- Advising public company clients on securities law compliance involving a comprehensive range of compensation plans
- Advising on deferred compensation plans, 401(k) plans, other types of retirement plans, health and welfare plans and fringe benefits
- Advising companies, boards and management teams on compensation and benefits in mergers and acquisitions
Mr. Fackler serves as Chair of the Certification Council for the Certified Equity Professional Institute, the leading certification program in the United States for stock plan professionals. He also serves as outside counsel for Global Equity Organization, the leading international trade association for stock plan professionals.
Mr. Fackler received his law degree from Stanford University in 1984. He also earned an Honours B.A. from St. Johns' College, Oxford University in 1981. He completed his undergraduate education at Harvard University where he received an A.B., magna cum laude in History in 1979 and was elected to Phi Beta Kappa.