The Archives attempts to collect all faculty publications and the personal papers of selected faculty members and others associated with the University. Among the most extensive collections in the Archives are those of:
- de Saisset Family Papers, 1829-1976
- Papers of French artist and Santa Clara College student Ernest de Saisset, and his family.
- Bernard R. Hubbard, S.J. (1888-1962)
- Explorer and film maker, the “Glacier Priest.” Collection includes Hubbard’s photographs and films of Alaska, Europe, and local scenes.
- John J. Montgomery (1857-1911)
- Aviation pioneer. Includes the biographical film Gallant Journey (1946).
- Murphy Family
- Early Santa Clara Valley pioneers. Includes papers of:
- Martin Murphy, Jr. (1807-84),
- Daniel Murphy (1826-82),
- Bernard "Brian" Murphy (1815-53),
- Bernard D. Murphy (1841-1911),
- James T. Murphy (1852-98),
- John Murphy (1824-92),
- Martin Murphy, Sr. (1785-1865),
- Martin J. Murphy (1836-65),
- Mary (Maria) Fisher Murphy (1836-1902) and family.
- Alberto F. Porta (1853-1923)
- Architect and SCU Faculty member.
- Bernard J. Reid (1823-1904)
- One of SCU’s first lay faculty members, a Gold Rush pioneer and, later, officer in the Union Army.
- Jerome S. Ricard, S.J. (1850-1930)
- Seismologist and meteorologist, the “Padre of the Rains.”
- Walter E. Schmidt, S.J. (1911-1988)
- Includes records of the Santa Clara Youth Village and scrapbooks of the Wutzit Club, 1946-1988.
- Rev. George Schoener (1864-1941)
- Botanist, "Padre of the Roses."
- Henry L. Walsh, S.J. (1879-1956)
- Historian. Includes research files on Mission, SCU, and local history, and on the Mother Lode.
Also available are the papers of: