National Alumni Board of Directors Student Representative Description
Attend all five BOD meetings
- Friday, September 14, 2012
- November 2012
- January/February 2013
- March 2013
- May 2013
Be an active member of the Student Outreach Committee
The goal is to cultivate current students as future, engaged alumni – from acceptance through graduation – in order to facilitate their lifelong relationship with the Alumni Association and the University. The committee consists of 5-10 alumni board members and one current student. The current project slated for the 2012-2013 school year is the development of the Alumni Speaker Series.
Attend all student/alumni events hosted by the Alumni Association including, but not limited to:
- 9th Annual Bronco Legacy BBQ: Friday, September 14, 2012 - A welcome dinner for incoming freshmen with a parent, sibling, or grandparent who attended SCU
- 3rd Annual Bronco Idol: January 2013 - An “American Idol” type of competition where students are challenged with learning and performing the SCU Fight Song.
- Alumni Speaker Series: Topic and Date TBD - An informal speaker event where one to two alumni come back to campus to talk about their SCU experience through various Santa Clara history and traditions.
- 6th Annual Career Connect: April 2013 - A networking event for current seniors and local alumni.
Actively participate in the marketing efforts for upcoming events through various mediums (Facebook, flyers, word of mouth, etc) to the student body. At times, the student representative will need to take on a lead role in the marketing efforts of the upcoming events.
- Current freshman, sophomore, or junior standing (for the 2011-2012 school year)
- Passion for SCU and strong Bronco spirit
- Desire to represent the student body and their ideas
This survey was closed on Nov. 30, 2014. Thank you for your time!